Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 134

Thread: OK, serious topic with regards Glitzinet

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Carl I.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2003
    Posts
    4,786
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, and most boards, once they go to a multi-folder option, designate more than one person to have moderator options. This way they keep the topics where they belong, and they keep things under control in each folder that they are designated. You might want to consider doing something along those lines also. I understand the idea of keeping things "freedom of speech" orientated, but if you wish to start using categories, then anytime a political thread shows up in the "music" folder, or the "film" folder (or whatever you want), then it is time to intervene and kick it out, delete it, or do what needs to be done to keep it under control. The nice thing about this type of moderating is that it will keep people happy, and then you REALLY have no reason to bitch about something like the "Fruity" thread. If that thing was in a "General Talk About Anything" folder, then NOBODY would have a right to say anything bad about it. But if it was in the "Glam History" folder, or whatever, then it would get moved right away. It just keeps things clearer, and if you have no interest in that type of thread, then you would have no idea it was there.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member Hairglamfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No probs with moving. Will there be some new features?

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Glammy-Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2004
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    All sounds good to me,I`ll be happy with most evrything i`ve heard,as for taking old topics across,I dont care about them also keeping this board as a "ghost" would be cool as has been said, for the links found only here when you type into google etc. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member baby_lemonade's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2004
    Posts
    348
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    - Seperate topics i.e. movies, music, off-topic, etc would be cool but I won't cry if it doesn't happen.

    - I won't cry either if the posts mysteriously disappear

    - I definitely won't cry if I have to re-register my name

  5. #25
    Inactive Member SJ_Skyline's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    580
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Spice - cheers for the feedback - keep it simple is the essence [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Carl - some really good points there fella! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]


    Would it be fair to say that the consensus (on this thread) is for a multi-room board with no old posts?

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Buttz's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2004
    Posts
    309
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There are 24 threads on the front page. "Get Fruity" is taking a lot of stick because it is quite popular?

    Or what.

    I seem to be missing the point.

    Please help...

    <font color="#FF0099" size="1">[ November 24, 2005 07:18 AM: Message edited by: Buttz ]</font>

  7. #27
    Inactive Member JayStarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,474
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Buttz: For my part, I was commenting ORIGINALLY on the fact that people let music threads die, whilst your fruity thread seems to have a life of its own. Check the fruity thread and you will see that I was even involved in a bit of banter myself, based around the dual meaning of the word "fruit."

    Personally, I think the fact that the longest running thread on here is a bastion of innuendo, and not a music thread, speaks volumes.

    Otherwise, I don't care, and I'm tired of people taking what I post here the wrong way.

    Just between us, we both know that the length of that thread is somewhat due to contrarianism on the part of the posters.

  8. #28
    Inactive Member Carl I.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2003
    Posts
    4,786
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jealousy Buttz, jealousy. You created a monster and people are envious that all the thought that they may have put into creating a great thread about Pretty Boy Floyd for the 900th time resulted in two responses. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    The fruity thread is a breath of fresh air, and it happened to have some funny stuff going on. I think, from what I have heard, people LOVE to laugh.

  9. #29
    Inactive Member deviantdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2004
    Posts
    1,966
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by JayForSure:
    ..I'm tired of people taking what I post here the wrong way.
    <font size="4" face="Arial">So don't post.

    D.

  10. #30
    Inactive Member Buttz's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2004
    Posts
    309
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I read all the interesting threads,.. occasionaly it brings back great memories, and names even bands I kind of forgot about. "Get Fruity" is a way people could talk to me about our part in proceedings during the great Glam revival of the '80's, ask about our tours with Hanoi Rocks, Zodiac Mindwarp, Gang Bang band, Dogs, Marionette, Quireboys..blah, blah.. songwriting techniques, and how, if you are starting a band, could get to be the darlings of the press, and succeed where so many fail.

    But most people are just interested in fruit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •